Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Funko Pop!

If you've been to a con lately, you've noticed Funko Pop! figurines just about everywhere you turn. They're super cute and, I assume, pretty addictive to collect. I came up with what I thought was a brilliant idea at Tidewater Comicon while we were browsing some of them:

I will collect ONLY the Funko Pop! figures of characters I have cosplayed.

Genius, right? Turns out, none of the characters I've done so far exist in Pop! form yet. (Margaery is expected to be in the next set released for Game of Thrones, but she isn't out yet.) There's no Ramona Flowers, and there's no Sera. I looked ahead to this weekend, and that character doesn't have one, either. Luckily, there is a Harley Quinn (a couple, actually) so I can get her in October. And I would bet decent money that they'll do the new Star Wars characters, so depending on how important Rey is (I would guess "very," based on how much screen time she has in the trailers), I might be able to get her, too.

Funko Pop! Heroes: Arkham Asylum - Nurse Harley Quinn
Nurse Harley from Arkham Asylum

So, so far, my brilliant idea isn't much to act on. Although I did discover that people on Etsy sell custom modified Pop!s in different characters, so I could always modify them for myself, but it's just not the same, y'know?


No comments:

Post a Comment