Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Finished: Marauder's Map Dress


I had so much fun wearing my Marauder's Map dress to work and visiting the Harry Potter Day program in it!

As you can see, I didn't wear the shawl. After putting it all on, I realized that it was just a LOT of that same linen-and-English-red color everywhere, and it wasn't flattering or interesting to look at. So I just wore a brown shrug I already had, and brown boots to match it. Also - not exactly visible in the photo - I wore dark red tights (rolled up) with a pattern like stained glass windows that matched my red belt's pattern.

My favorite reactions were the ones where someone would love the dress, then find out I hand-drew all the writing, and then they would really love it! I thought those were pretty funny.

One of my coworkers swears I should sell these, but considering it took me a hectic week to make one for myself (meaning I could try it on at any time, and the feel and fit were completely up to me), I don't think that would be wise. I could, however, make scarves (less time-consuming, and one-size-fits-all). We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment