Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Harley's Bat

I was wandering through Wal-Mart this morning, trying to pick up some barcodes for Shopkick (we'll see how long I stick to doing that) and I found myself near the toy area. And I thought... "Bat." Nowhere near the "shopping list" part of my brain, but constantly poking at the ever-active cosplay part of my brain, I've been thinking I need to find a cheap wiffle ball bat or Nerf bat before the summer's over and they get harder to find.

screenshot: Arkham Knight Harley Quinn trailer (1)
To make this, of course.
So I found this at Wal-Mart, on sale for $4, and I think it's just perfect. It's a little kid bat, so it's shorter (and therefore less likely to bump into people at a con or get too heavy after several hours on my back) and it's made of that dense foam stuff so (1) it's not a weapon, and (2) it should soak up the paint really well.


Since it came with the ball, if I have the extra time and effort left, I might try to turn the ball into this:

screenshot: Arkham Knight Harley Quinn trailer (3)
(In her right hand.)
Truth be told, I think I'm more excited about working on the bat than on the outfit, because there's no sewing or patterning or measuring or mathing involved. Just look at a picture for reference, and paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment