Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Scarlet Witch Jacket


The cosplayer inside me took over while I was watching Avengers: Age of Ultron. At least whenever Wanda Maximoff was on the screen. I want that jacket. I really want that jacket. And everything else she's wearing, but really, that jacket.

Turns out, there are lots of websites selling her exact jacket (if they can be trusted, and some look kind of sketchy) between $140 and $180. No thanks, I'll just make one.

But I can't do that in the next two weeks, so I need something in the meantime. The good news is, both of the things I bought this morning are things I'll wear all the time (like the boots I got for my Ramona Flowers costume... they were literally the only shoes I wore this January and February, plus I'll be using them for the Scarlet Witch, and Dr. Horrible, and probably lots of other costumes until they fall apart and I have to replace them).

BEKDO Womens Classic Mock Collar Fitted Biker Zip Up Faux Leather Jacket-M-RED
Here on Amazon

This one is $30 (plus $11 shipping... I hate falling in love with things that aren't on Prime) and will probably be my new go-to jacket for fall. It's the closest I could come to the real thing without breaking the bank (and still being able to get it within a week or so). It might be a little warm for wearing on June 24th in Virginia Beach, though, so I also got...

ordered
Here on Amazon
The lighter cardigan ($21 and free shipping) should be more appropriate for warm-weather events. Not as canon, but since this one is just a "dress up for fun and a blood drive!" event, I'm not going to be too nit-picky. When I get the smoke mechanism working, I'll need to get everything right. (Which means sewing and dyeing my own leather jacket).

No comments:

Post a Comment