Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Upcoming Cosplay: Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The newest Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer has been out for nearly 24 hours now, and I've already decided who to dress as for the movie premiere. Now seems like a good time to point out that I'm not really a big Star Wars fan, but Birk is excited about going to the premiere so I'll be going with him, and dressing up will make it more fun for me.

star-wars-7-force-awakens-daisy-ridley

That is Rey. That's pretty much all I know about her. I'm not alone, though. It seems to be all the internet knows about her, too. We know what she looks like, what she drives, and her name. She seems to be friendly with the little soccer ball droid named BB-8, but I don't know if that's really the case.

At any rate, I can make that costume and be comfortable in it (even while sitting in a movie theater for a few hours). I can even grow my hair that long before Christmas if I don't touch it at all. (Looks like another summer-fall-winter like last year when my hair was racing to be Margaery-length for NYCC.)

There are also a few other cool features to being Rey:

Still of Daisy Ridley in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Being on what seems to be quite a desert-y planet, she has a scarf that goes over her head (which might come in handy if the line for the theater goes outside in December) and a visor (which is supposedly created from a Stormtrooper's helmet visor) and, see those boots? I have boots like that already. Plus, she seems to have a pouch of some kind on her waist, so I don't have to have an awkward purse; I can just carry my stuff in a piece of my costume. I love when that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment