Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Upcoming Cosplay: Marauder's Map Dress

Harry Potter Day is on May 4, and my library is having a big program for it to celebrate! (There's going to be a LIVE OWL there!) We are encouraged to dress up, which obviously means I need to make something.

Originally, I wanted to be Bellatrix because that would be fun to wear and act. Then, I thought, "I don't really want to wear a corset for 8 hours at work." So then I thought Luna Lovegood would be fun, but I waited too long to get started and I can't make all the things I would need in that time.

So I had given up. I had decided maybe I would throw together a Slytherin scarf and call it good. (Only Slytherin because everyone on staff did the Pottermore sorting test and even though I've always gotten Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff on that, I turned out to be a Slytherin this time.)

But then I saw this on Pinterest:

marauder's map dress - Google Search
Found in Google image search. No source; sorry.
And I thought, I could make a really simplified version of that... maybe. So that's the plan.

I have a super easy (supposedly) pattern from McCall's, five yards of khaki-beige linen, two different spools of neutral-colored thread, and eight days. (Granted, I also have five and a half of those days off from work, so it's more promising than it sounds.) Let's do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment